Wednesday 18 November 2009

The first post

I've recently added a twibbon to my twitter avatar, indicating support for the NHS. This is a good thing to do anyway, but I have a particular reason to do so now. On Monday (23rd November) I'll be having heart valve surgery at the London Heart Hospital, quite a big deal so some serious loin girding required.

In fact, I was originally due to have the op last Monday, but more urgent cases led to the postponement. There is a view that blogging about these things can be helpful in dealing with anxiety, though I can honestly say that I'm feeling confident and looking forward to getting this bothersome valve repaired. I've had a leaky valve for several decades and the cardiologists have decided that now is the time to get it fixed.

This is my first blog, and I'm not sure if I'll become a regular, but my real bugbears are in the areas of science funding and policy - much more on these topics once I'm in the recovery position (comfy chair with gin and tonic).

1 comment:

  1. What a charming title ;) I congratulate you with the first post. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete